Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Finding Myself - A Little About Me

Welcome to my brand new fun and funky blog! I'm so excited to be able to start a new journey with you all. My life has taken several twists, turns, and plunges here lately. I really wanted to get back into the blogging scene, but the timing just never fit where I needed it. With all the madness and chaos going on, I decided that I needed a new approach; something fun and different and deeply rooted with the person I was on the inside. I think we sometimes forget that person, and I, for one, long to have my care-free attitude back as well as my own punctual style!

So ... what you need to know! 

The blog was not intended for the faint of heart. If you fall into that category, I'm sorry, but our views are going to butt-heads from time to time. I'm an honest southern girl who just wants to get her message out 'cause there sure ain't no mountains around here I can go shout it from. I love my family dearly, and I'm a huge advocate for my son (which will probably be the main focus on many of my posts). I want to try and tackle this blog each and every day. All us southern gals need a place to go gab and vent; in that, I'm hoping this will be a good spot for fellow bloggers to come "hang out" and join in!

Got that ... Now ... What can you expect?

Well, in a nutshell, fun and chaos. Laughter and tears. Bickering and whining. Just the typical stuff. Everyone has many faces; I'm not about to hide mine! I'm not a fake person either. I tell it how I see it and don't hold anything back. If you want honesty, you'll get it here. I don't get paid for my opinions, but sometimes, I wish I did. I just speak the truth from my point of view so please don't be quick to judge me. Judgments will not be passed here; I don't have time for it!

Ok ... So who are you? 

I'm just your simple country girl struggling in this thing we call life. I'm a stay at home mom and full time college student. I have been married since 2006 to a wonderful man that no one believed would ever want to marry me (yep, stole that fish right outta the water). I have one smart-witted, video game prodigy son who I love more than life. He pushes my limits everyday, but I wouldn't trade him for this world. Tennessee is the place I call home. I'm a full-pledged Kentucky Wildcats fan! I can honestly say we are a house divided with my son; he'll cheer for whoever play against UK without fail!

My life is far from perfect. We are not rich by no means. I have my flaws. My husband busts his ass every day to make sure we have what we need to survive. I've been on the good side of life as well as the bad. At one point we lost everything we owned and lived with my parents for an entire year. I'll be the first to tell you that was rough. There's nothing like packing your entire life in boxes and forgetting it for a whole year! Not just a month or two; a year! That year has since come and gone, and we are now on that uphill struggle again. All I can do is pray we don't fall flat on our faces this time! I decided to include those details to say this; I'm still fighting! Love really does conquer all!! The love of my husband and my son has seen me through some dark times. That devil sure does test me hard. Yes, I love Jesus and God too; that part of my life is just hard for me to express because I was not raised in church. I keep that part of me silent. I don't know much about The Good Book, but I do try. I'm sure that'll be woven into this grand story on a regular basis as well.

In Closing ... 

I just want to say ... this is my life. I cannot change who I am to fit everyone's needs nor am I going too. I was put here for a reason - a reason in which I'm still trying to find. Until that time, I'm going to keep on doing the only thing I know how - raising hell and turning heads! Nah, in all honesty, I'm going to keep on being me ... just another country girl!



With Love,


0 comments:

Post a Comment